Proximity is currently recruiting. Download the position description here.
A new world
Proximity is an exciting new world for people with enthusiasm, personality, creativity and experience. Working at Proximity combines the benefits of both private firm and in-house roles. Proximity Legal staff have the opportunity for:
- variety – work with a variety of people on a variety of projects in a variety of areas of practice
- experience – obtain exposure to the business side of transactions
- concentration – give undivided legal attention to one client for the duration of a secondment
- a diverse client base – undertake secondments with a broad range of organisations
- sophisticated work – get involved in the cut and thrust of complex work and major projects
- prestige – work in a fast paced, high performance organisation
- performance based pay – be recognised and rewarded for success
- work-life balance – the ability to take time out between secondments without being tied to the usual four weeks annual leave.
If you like the idea of working with a team to develop creative solutions to challenging legal problems, you will fit right in at Proximity. If you are more a black letter law, like to answer each question with a treatise or dissertation kind of lawyer, Proximity is probably not for you.
If you have three or more years’ experience with a major firm or a highly regarded in-house team, send your resume to email@example.com – we are always happy to hear from great candidates.
Proximity is not afraid to do things differently. For us, being a new model legal practice was not enough. We also have a different structure:
Our structure also includes one other role – Directors. Unlike many firms that have ‘partners’ without voting rights, with our Directors what you see is what you get – the people registered with ASIC and charged with the responsibility of running the business.
We don’t believe in being different just for the sake of it. Our structure reflects the broader range of services that our lawyers undertake and the broader commercial context in which we operate.